An Open Letter To Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA)
Its been a good journey for our warriors who have qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) for the third time running. However, the worry is not about which teams we are going to face but, whether we will proceed to the next round or even dare to dream about winning the cup?.
In three weeks time, we are facing Bafana Bafana at our home ground and as we speak right now our coach is in his home country Croatia. We had an international break but we did not utilise it to play a friendly match. However, most of our opponents were playing friendly matches.
Here are some of the Questions which I and many other Zimbabweans have for Zifa:
- Why is it we don’t utilise or use these international breaks to build future squads that will represent us in tournaments?
- Why do we play local clubs as preparatory games for a tournament? These clubs last played real football 2/3 years back.
- Why don’t we trust and pay our local coaches who understand our football culture e.g Norman Mapeza? Why are we paying a foreign coach USD 7000 per month and not paying that to our local coaches?
- What action are you taking on the coach’s winning ratio and his team performance at CHAN and COSAFA?
- What is the plan for our future in terms of graduating players from under 23 and other junior teams? Because as for now, we are relying on senior players whose days are numbered
- Is Loga a good coach by the way or is he serious with his job? Please do not renew his contract.
- What criteria do our current coaches use to select players for a tournament? Peter Ndlovu used to fly from England to play COSAFA because the coach knew what it meant to Zimbabweans
- Why do we always have some issues with salary payment during a tournament? It is very embarrassing to deal with such issues during the tournament and this will cause distraction and frustrations to our players.
- Why do we not have a dress code for our players when going for a tournament? Just blazers with a ZIFA logo and chino trousers would suffice.
- Why do we take time in processing British born Zimbabweans’ passports?
- Do our own ZIFA members have confidence in their jobs? Team Manager Mr Mupandare was seen at the Robert Mugabe International airport not wearing a ZIFA outfit while other team managers went to Cameroon wearing tracksuits and suits that have logos of their football houses.
- What is our theme for the world cup qualifiers?
- So where is our football going?
In conclusion, it is so sad to see our football going nowhere due to mismanagement while we have a lot of talent that can take us far. It is sad to say that we were seeded in a good AFCON group but we are not proceeding if we do not start taking action as the football governing body in Zimbabwe.
Frustrated Zimbabwe Warriors Fan
For marriage, family, love, job/promotion. Goodluck in your business/lottery, court cases, diseases and other Spells kindly call Kiwanga Doctors on +254 769404965 or >>>> CLICK HERE.